What’s New for Support Services
- HOV hours extended for specific routes, other HOV lanes converted to single occupancy - June 23, 2016
- HDOT named finalist for federal program to allow expanded services - June 23, 2016
- Weekend lane closures on Liliha Street scheduled to begin Friday, June 24 - June 21, 2016
- H-3 Freeway Kaneohe-bound closed Saturday night June 25 for tunnel maintenance - June 21, 2016
- Reef Runway (8R-26L) temporarily closed at Honolulu International Airport for maintenance - June 17, 2016
- Weekend lane closures on Liliha Street scheduled to begin Friday, June 17 - June 15, 2016
- Runway 4R-22L temporarily closed at Honolulu International Airport for airfield maintenance - June 6, 2016
- HDOT educational materials recognized at 2016 Pele Awards - May 31, 2016
- Weight restriction on the Paumalu Stream Bridge returns to 25 tons - May 27, 2016
- Hawaii launches Click It or Ticket campaign - May 25, 2016
Find out about HDOT’s major improvements projects, programs and initiatives that have taken place statewide in the last three years. Lots of work has been done to improve our Airports, Harbors & Highways for our residents and visitors. We’ll be adding to the list monthly, so please bookmark this page for future updates.
The Hawaii sustainable transportation forum provides stakeholders of various transportation sectors, the discussion opportunity to ensure that environment, social and economic considerations are factored into decisions affecting transportation activities that can be sustained into the indefinite future without causing irreparable harm to future generation of Hawaii.
Hawaii State Legislature
While the Hawaii State Legislature is in Session, DOT monitors the thousands of bills that have been introduced and could become law. For those bills that we believe could impact the way we do business, we submit written testimony expressing our support, opposition, or concerns. DOT’s testimony can be found on the Legislature’s website.