What’s New for Support Services
- Zipper Lane to be open for use on the Statehood holiday August 17, 2018 - August 15, 2018
- Right turns temporarily closed overnight on Aolele Street for improvement project at HNL - August 15, 2018
- Amended rules regarding Transportation Network Companies approved - August 14, 2018
- Updated schedule for limited local access to Wainiha, Haena via Kuhio Highway effective August 15 - August 13, 2018
- Ceremony held to dedicate new lanes from the Queen Kaahumanu Highway widening project, phase 2 - August 9, 2018
- Hawaii Airports Division exercises fiscal prudence to save $27 million in midst of major modernization plan - August 9, 2018
- HDOT implements features to help drivers navigate traffic and improve infrastructure - August 6, 2018
- Changes to the updated schedule for limited local access to Wainiha, Haena via Kuhio Highway beginning August 6 - August 3, 2018
- Governor Ige announces Consolidated Rental Car Shuttle pilot at Daniel K. Inouye International Airport to begin September 1 - August 3, 2018
- Construction activities lead to limited parking at Kahului Airport - August 3, 2018
HDOT’s Sustainable Transportation Infrastructure and Energy Savings Project
Find out about HDOT’s major improvements projects, programs and initiatives that have taken place statewide in the last three years. Lots of work has been done to improve our Airports, Harbors & Highways for our residents and visitors. We’ll be adding to the list monthly, so please bookmark this page for future updates.
The Hawaii sustainable transportation forum provides stakeholders of various transportation sectors, the discussion opportunity to ensure that environment, social and economic considerations are factored into decisions affecting transportation activities that can be sustained into the indefinite future without causing irreparable harm to future generation of Hawaii.
Hawaii State Legislature
While the Hawaii State Legislature is in Session, DOT monitors the thousands of bills that have been introduced and could become law. For those bills that we believe could impact the way we do business, we submit written testimony expressing our support, opposition, or concerns. DOT’s testimony can be found on the Legislature’s website.