What’s New for Support Services
- Status of recovery for Kuhio Highway from Waikoko to Wainiha following April 14 flooding - April 20, 2018
- HDOT assesses flood damaged areas on Kauai; outlines steps needed to reopen Kuhio Highway - April 17, 2018
- HDOT adds travel time smart boards for Windward Oahu motorists - April 16, 2018
- H-1 Freeway weekend closures continue for the Kapolei Interchange Complex, Phase 2 project - April 13, 2018
- UPDATE: Public informational meeting for the Paia Relief Route project rescheduled - April 13, 2018
- HDOT urges Hawaii Drivers to be aware, move over for workers on the road - April 12, 2018
- Lane closures on westbound H-1 Freeway in Pearl City to occur over four weekends beginning Friday, April 20 - April 12, 2018
- Electric bus demonstration showcases sustainable ground transportation future for Hawaii - April 11, 2018
- Updated times and locations of Special Use Lanes available on HDOT website - April 9, 2018
- Weight limit postings removed for Ninole, Hilea, and Waiaka Bridges - April 9, 2018
HDOT’s Sustainable Transportation Infrastructure and Energy Savings Project
Find out about HDOT’s major improvements projects, programs and initiatives that have taken place statewide in the last three years. Lots of work has been done to improve our Airports, Harbors & Highways for our residents and visitors. We’ll be adding to the list monthly, so please bookmark this page for future updates.
The Hawaii sustainable transportation forum provides stakeholders of various transportation sectors, the discussion opportunity to ensure that environment, social and economic considerations are factored into decisions affecting transportation activities that can be sustained into the indefinite future without causing irreparable harm to future generation of Hawaii.
Hawaii State Legislature
While the Hawaii State Legislature is in Session, DOT monitors the thousands of bills that have been introduced and could become law. For those bills that we believe could impact the way we do business, we submit written testimony expressing our support, opposition, or concerns. DOT’s testimony can be found on the Legislature’s website.