What’s New for Support Services
- Commercial Driver’s License Office in Salt Lake closed on Wednesday, Dec. 7, 2016 - December 5, 2016
- Kuhio Highway at Hanalei Bridge closed due to flooding - December 2, 2016
- Kona International Airport to resume international - December 1, 2016
- State traffic advisory for Pearl Harbor 75th Commemoration - November 28, 2016
- HDOT alerts travelers of limited airport parking during Thanksgiving weekend - November 21, 2016
- Likelike Highway Kaneohe-bound closed Saturday night, Nov. 19, for tunnel maintenance - November 17, 2016
- Hawaii joins 35 states in national ‘alternative fuel and electric charging’ network - November 4, 2016
- Nimitz Highway Viaduct to be improved for bike path safety and highway operations - November 2, 2016
- Likelike Highway Honolulu-bound closed Saturday night, Nov. 5, for tunnel maintenance - November 2, 2016
- Continuous weekend lane closure on Kamehameha Highway in Kahuku beginning Friday, Nov. 4 - November 1, 2016
HDOT’s Sustainable Transportation Infrastructure and Energy Savings Project
Find out about HDOT’s major improvements projects, programs and initiatives that have taken place statewide in the last three years. Lots of work has been done to improve our Airports, Harbors & Highways for our residents and visitors. We’ll be adding to the list monthly, so please bookmark this page for future updates.
The Hawaii sustainable transportation forum provides stakeholders of various transportation sectors, the discussion opportunity to ensure that environment, social and economic considerations are factored into decisions affecting transportation activities that can be sustained into the indefinite future without causing irreparable harm to future generation of Hawaii.
Hawaii State Legislature
While the Hawaii State Legislature is in Session, DOT monitors the thousands of bills that have been introduced and could become law. For those bills that we believe could impact the way we do business, we submit written testimony expressing our support, opposition, or concerns. DOT’s testimony can be found on the Legislature’s website.