What’s New for Support Services
- New works of art by distinguished local artist displayed at Honolulu International Airport - February 24, 2017
- Weekend lane closures on the H-2 Freeway in Mililani for pavement replacement work - February 22, 2017
- H-1 Freeway eastbound closed nightly for the Kapolei Interchange Phase 2 project - February 22, 2017
- Likelike Highway lane closures scheduled for Feb. 21 through Feb. 24 - February 17, 2017
- Runway 35/17 to close at Lihue Airport for Maintenance - February 17, 2017
- Public informational meeting scheduled regarding the Kalaeloa Harbor draft EIS - February 9, 2017
- Annual fire training exercises at Kona International Airport on Feb. 13, 15 and 16, 2017 - February 9, 2017
- HDOT Harbors Division bond rating upgraded by Standard & Poor’s - February 7, 2017
- H-3 Freeway Kaneohe-bound closed Saturday night, Feb. 11, for tunnel maintenance - February 7, 2017
- Speed limit to increase from 55 mph to 60 mph on portions of Daniel K. Inouye Highway (Saddle Road) - February 6, 2017
HDOT’s Sustainable Transportation Infrastructure and Energy Savings Project
Find out about HDOT’s major improvements projects, programs and initiatives that have taken place statewide in the last three years. Lots of work has been done to improve our Airports, Harbors & Highways for our residents and visitors. We’ll be adding to the list monthly, so please bookmark this page for future updates.
The Hawaii sustainable transportation forum provides stakeholders of various transportation sectors, the discussion opportunity to ensure that environment, social and economic considerations are factored into decisions affecting transportation activities that can be sustained into the indefinite future without causing irreparable harm to future generation of Hawaii.
Hawaii State Legislature
While the Hawaii State Legislature is in Session, DOT monitors the thousands of bills that have been introduced and could become law. For those bills that we believe could impact the way we do business, we submit written testimony expressing our support, opposition, or concerns. DOT’s testimony can be found on the Legislature’s website.