What’s New for Support Services
- HDOT seeking proposals for electric vehicles and charging infrastructure - December 12, 2019
- Waimanalo bound lanes on Kalanianaole Highway to close for filming on December 16 - December 11, 2019
- Maui Christmas Parade to temporarily close parts of High Street, Main Street on First Friday - December 5, 2019
- Special events scheduled on Oahu state roadways through the month of December - December 5, 2019
- Temporary full closures of Kuhio Highway at Hanalei Hill needed Dec. 16-19 for slope stabilization - December 3, 2019
- Nightly full closures of Kuhio Highway for bridge work on the north shore scheduled starting Dec. 16 - December 3, 2019
- Hilo International Airport hosts annual tsunami evacuation exercise - December 2, 2019
- New vehicle height clearance bars to be installed at HNL - November 29, 2019
- Coastal flooding preparations statewide - November 26, 2019
- Thanksgiving update for Pali Highway - November 26, 2019
We’re hiring! The Hawaii Department of Transportation has various job openings in the Airports, Highways and Harbors Divisions. If you are interested in joining our team and helping move the state’s transportation goals forward click on the link, find an open position and apply as soon as possible! Check back regularly for new lists of open positions.
HDOT’s Sustainable Transportation Infrastructure and Energy Savings Project
Sustainable Transportation Forum
The Hawaii sustainable transportation forum provides stakeholders of various transportation sectors, the discussion opportunity to ensure that environment, social and economic considerations are factored into decisions affecting transportation activities that can be sustained into the indefinite future without causing irreparable harm to future generation of Hawaii.
Hawaii State Legislature
While the Hawaii State Legislature is in Session, HDOT monitors the thousands of bills that have been introduced and could become law. For those bills that we believe could impact the way we do business, we submit written testimony expressing our support, opposition, or concerns. HDOT’s testimony can be found on the Legislature’s website.