What’s New for Support Services
- Early morning closures of the ground level onramp to the H-1 Freeway needed for sign replacement project at the Daniel K. Inouye International Airport - February 16, 2018
- HDOT victorious in claim against Ciber Inc. - February 16, 2018
- State Harbors Division receives upgraded bond rating from Fitch Ratings - February 14, 2018
- Weight limits reduced for bridges on Hawaii, Maui, Oahu, and Kauai - February 13, 2018
- Roving closure scheduled on the H-1 Freeway for improvement project, Feb. 13 - February 12, 2018
- HDOT update on Honoapiilani Highway Realignment and Improvements at Keawe Street, February 9, 2018 - February 9, 2018
- Nightly closure of westbound H-1 Freeway for the Kapolei Interchange project scheduled to begin Sunday, Feb. 11 - February 9, 2018
- Annual fire exercises at the Ellison Onizuka Kona International Airport at Keahole on Feb. 20, 21 and 22, 2018 - February 9, 2018
- Weekend roadwork scheduled on the H-1 Freeway in the vicinity of Houghtailing Street beginning Friday, Feb. 9 - February 8, 2018
- HDOT initiating pilot to improve traffic flow on Highway 130 by restricting access from 29th Avenue (Poni Moi) during peak morning hours - February 8, 2018
HDOT’s Sustainable Transportation Infrastructure and Energy Savings Project
Find out about HDOT’s major improvements projects, programs and initiatives that have taken place statewide in the last three years. Lots of work has been done to improve our Airports, Harbors & Highways for our residents and visitors. We’ll be adding to the list monthly, so please bookmark this page for future updates.
The Hawaii sustainable transportation forum provides stakeholders of various transportation sectors, the discussion opportunity to ensure that environment, social and economic considerations are factored into decisions affecting transportation activities that can be sustained into the indefinite future without causing irreparable harm to future generation of Hawaii.
Hawaii State Legislature
While the Hawaii State Legislature is in Session, DOT monitors the thousands of bills that have been introduced and could become law. For those bills that we believe could impact the way we do business, we submit written testimony expressing our support, opposition, or concerns. DOT’s testimony can be found on the Legislature’s website.