What’s New for Support Services
- Hana Highway to Close at Night Between Huelo and Hana Town Beginning January 28 - January 17, 2020
- Safety improvements at H-3 Harano Tunnel will require single lane closures starting Tuesday, Jan. 21 - January 16, 2020
- Single lane on Kamehameha Highway in Hauula at Pokiwai Bridge to remain closed through Thursday - January 15, 2020
- Nightly roadwork scheduled in Salt Lake, Aiea, Halawa, and Ewa Beach for crack seal repair work - January 14, 2020
- Nightly closures scheduled on the H-1 Freeway at the Kapolei Interchange for the week of Jan. 19 and 26 - January 14, 2020
- Jan. 13 Update: Additional full closures of Kuhio Highway for bridge work on the north shore needed - January 13, 2020
- Hawaii drivers reminded they must comply with the Move Over law requirement - January 10, 2020
- Jan. 10 Update: One Additional Full Closure of Kuhio Highway for Bridge Work on the North Shore Needed - January 10, 2020
- Nightly closures scheduled on the westbound H-1 Freeway at the Kapolei Interchange for the week of Jan. 12 - January 10, 2020
- One Additional Full Closure of Kuhio Highway for Bridge Work on the North Shore Needed - January 8, 2020
We’re hiring! The Hawaii Department of Transportation has various job openings in the Airports, Highways and Harbors Divisions. If you are interested in joining our team and helping move the state’s transportation goals forward click on the link, find an open position and apply as soon as possible! Check back regularly for new lists of open positions.
HDOT’s Sustainable Transportation Infrastructure and Energy Savings Project
Sustainable Transportation Forum
The Hawaii sustainable transportation forum provides stakeholders of various transportation sectors, the discussion opportunity to ensure that environment, social and economic considerations are factored into decisions affecting transportation activities that can be sustained into the indefinite future without causing irreparable harm to future generation of Hawaii.
Hawaii State Legislature
While the Hawaii State Legislature is in Session, HDOT monitors the thousands of bills that have been introduced and could become law. For those bills that we believe could impact the way we do business, we submit written testimony expressing our support, opposition, or concerns. HDOT’s testimony can be found on the Legislature’s website.