What’s New for Support Services
- H-1 Freeway closures for the Kapolei Interchange Complex, Phase 2 project - March 24, 2017
- Lane closures beginning Sunday, March 26, for a television production - March 24, 2017
- Construction begins on terminal modernization project at Ellison Onizuka Kona International Airport at Keahole - March 22, 2017
- Piikoi Street onramp to the H-1 Freeway to close for maintenance and demonstration study - March 17, 2017
- Westbound H-1 Freeway nighttime closures at the Radford Drive Overpass and Kapolei Interchange - March 17, 2017
- Nightly lane closure on Kalanianaole Highway in Waimanalo to begin Monday, March 20 - March 14, 2017
- Nightly H-1 Freeway closure shifts to westbound lanes for the Kapolei Interchange Complex, Phase 2 project - March 9, 2017
- 2017 Safe Routes to School Workshops - March 6, 2017
- Likelike Highway and Pali Highway nighttime closures for LED lighting installations - March 3, 2017
- Temporary 25-ton weight restriction for Ala Moana Boulevard between Piikoi and Queen Streets - March 2, 2017
HDOT’s Sustainable Transportation Infrastructure and Energy Savings Project
Find out about HDOT’s major improvements projects, programs and initiatives that have taken place statewide in the last three years. Lots of work has been done to improve our Airports, Harbors & Highways for our residents and visitors. We’ll be adding to the list monthly, so please bookmark this page for future updates.
The Hawaii sustainable transportation forum provides stakeholders of various transportation sectors, the discussion opportunity to ensure that environment, social and economic considerations are factored into decisions affecting transportation activities that can be sustained into the indefinite future without causing irreparable harm to future generation of Hawaii.
Hawaii State Legislature
While the Hawaii State Legislature is in Session, DOT monitors the thousands of bills that have been introduced and could become law. For those bills that we believe could impact the way we do business, we submit written testimony expressing our support, opposition, or concerns. DOT’s testimony can be found on the Legislature’s website.