What’s New for Support Services
- HDOT welcomes 1,400 students to the 10th annual Construction Career Days event - October 25, 2016
- Nighttime eastbound H-1 Freeway lane closures in Kalihi beginning Monday, Oct. 24 - October 21, 2016
- New exhibit honoring World War II veterans unveiled at Honolulu International Airport - October 21, 2016
- HDOT reminds public of outdoor advertising laws - October 19, 2016
- Pali Highway Kailua-bound closed Saturday night Oct. 22, for tunnel maintenance - October 19, 2016
- HDOT reduces federal Pipeline to lowest amount in 16 years - October 13, 2016
- H-3 Freeway, H-1 Freeway, Nimitz Highway, and Ala Moana Boulevard lane closures on Saturday, Oct. 15, for triathlon - October 13, 2016
- Westbound Ala Moana Boulevard closed on Thursday, Oct. 13, for resurfacing work - October 11, 2016
- Emergency training exercise scheduled for Hilo International Airport - October 7, 2016
- Area beneath two Hawaii bridges being tested for lead contamination - September 30, 2016
HDOT’s Sustainable Transportation Infrastructure and Energy Savings Project
Find out about HDOT’s major improvements projects, programs and initiatives that have taken place statewide in the last three years. Lots of work has been done to improve our Airports, Harbors & Highways for our residents and visitors. We’ll be adding to the list monthly, so please bookmark this page for future updates.
The Hawaii sustainable transportation forum provides stakeholders of various transportation sectors, the discussion opportunity to ensure that environment, social and economic considerations are factored into decisions affecting transportation activities that can be sustained into the indefinite future without causing irreparable harm to future generation of Hawaii.
Hawaii State Legislature
While the Hawaii State Legislature is in Session, DOT monitors the thousands of bills that have been introduced and could become law. For those bills that we believe could impact the way we do business, we submit written testimony expressing our support, opposition, or concerns. DOT’s testimony can be found on the Legislature’s website.