What’s New for Support Services
- Kalanianaole Highway Improvements Project Begins Monday, Aug. 29 - August 26, 2016
- Traffic relief improvements made in time to help “Beat the School Jam” - August 15, 2016
- New shoulder lane on H-1 Freeway eastbound will benefit Leeward Oahu commuters - August 15, 2016
- Likelike Highway Kaneohe-bound closed Saturday night, Aug. 13, for tunnel maintenance - August 11, 2016
- New Farrington Highway Contraflow lane to help ease Leeward Oahu traffic - August 8, 2016
- HDOT launches 7th annual statewide Pedestrian Safety Month - August 3, 2016
- HDOT opens new Hilo International Airport Aircraft Rescue & Fire Fighting station - July 29, 2016
- Hana Highway to close for nighttime slope stabilization work - July 28, 2016
- Paumalu Stream Bridge 24/7 lane closure lifted, daily lane closures scheduled - July 27, 2016
- New Airport Access Road to improve traffic and efficiency around Kahului Airport - July 22, 2016
HDOT’s Sustainable Transportation Infrastructure and Energy Savings Project
Find out about HDOT’s major improvements projects, programs and initiatives that have taken place statewide in the last three years. Lots of work has been done to improve our Airports, Harbors & Highways for our residents and visitors. We’ll be adding to the list monthly, so please bookmark this page for future updates.
The Hawaii sustainable transportation forum provides stakeholders of various transportation sectors, the discussion opportunity to ensure that environment, social and economic considerations are factored into decisions affecting transportation activities that can be sustained into the indefinite future without causing irreparable harm to future generation of Hawaii.
Hawaii State Legislature
While the Hawaii State Legislature is in Session, DOT monitors the thousands of bills that have been introduced and could become law. For those bills that we believe could impact the way we do business, we submit written testimony expressing our support, opposition, or concerns. DOT’s testimony can be found on the Legislature’s website.