What’s New for Support Services
- Taxiway RB temporarily closed at Honolulu International Airport for emergency pavement repair - September 23, 2016
- H-1 Freeway eastbound closure scheduled for the Kapolei Interchange Phase 2 project - September 23, 2016
- Dedication of new facilities for spill responders to support container terminal development - September 23, 2016
- New traffic pattern at Waikoloa intersection with Queen Kaahumanu Highway begins Monday, September 26 - September 23, 2016
- Wailua Bridge to temporarily close to allow for emergency line repair - September 22, 2016
- Agreement reached in protection of Honoapiilani Highway at Olowalu - September 19, 2016
- Public information meeting scheduled regarding the Kalanianaole Highway improvements project phase 1 - September 16, 2016
- Hawaii celebrates National Child Passenger Safety Week with free car seat checks statewide - September 16, 2016
- Pali Highway roadwork scheduled for tunnel lighting replacements - September 16, 2016
- Hawaii Department of Transportation plans mileage based user fee demonstration using federal grant - September 15, 2016
HDOT’s Sustainable Transportation Infrastructure and Energy Savings Project
Find out about HDOT’s major improvements projects, programs and initiatives that have taken place statewide in the last three years. Lots of work has been done to improve our Airports, Harbors & Highways for our residents and visitors. We’ll be adding to the list monthly, so please bookmark this page for future updates.
The Hawaii sustainable transportation forum provides stakeholders of various transportation sectors, the discussion opportunity to ensure that environment, social and economic considerations are factored into decisions affecting transportation activities that can be sustained into the indefinite future without causing irreparable harm to future generation of Hawaii.
Hawaii State Legislature
While the Hawaii State Legislature is in Session, DOT monitors the thousands of bills that have been introduced and could become law. For those bills that we believe could impact the way we do business, we submit written testimony expressing our support, opposition, or concerns. DOT’s testimony can be found on the Legislature’s website.