What’s New for Support Services
- H-3 Freeway Honolulu-bound closed Saturday night, Jan. 21, for tunnel maintenance - January 18, 2017
- 24/7 closure of the Halona Street Bridge begins Friday, Jan. 20 - January 17, 2017
- Public Information Meeting scheduled regarding the former Oahu Railway & Land Company Right-of-Way Programmatic Agreement - January 10, 2017
- Public Informational Meeting scheduled regarding the iHeart Radio media tower site selection project - January 5, 2017
- HDOT schedules New Year’s Eve checkpoint on Lagoon Drive - December 28, 2016
- Closure of Kamehameha Highway at Karsten Thot Bridge in Wahiawa on Thursday night, Dec. 29 - December 28, 2016
- Phase I construction bid release marks key milestone of statewide Harbor Modernization Plan - December 13, 2016
- Likelike Highway roadwork scheduled for tunnel lighting replacements - December 9, 2016
- Commercial Driver’s License Office in Salt Lake closed on Wednesday, Dec. 7, 2016 - December 5, 2016
- Kuhio Highway at Hanalei Bridge closed due to flooding - December 2, 2016
HDOT’s Sustainable Transportation Infrastructure and Energy Savings Project
Find out about HDOT’s major improvements projects, programs and initiatives that have taken place statewide in the last three years. Lots of work has been done to improve our Airports, Harbors & Highways for our residents and visitors. We’ll be adding to the list monthly, so please bookmark this page for future updates.
The Hawaii sustainable transportation forum provides stakeholders of various transportation sectors, the discussion opportunity to ensure that environment, social and economic considerations are factored into decisions affecting transportation activities that can be sustained into the indefinite future without causing irreparable harm to future generation of Hawaii.
Hawaii State Legislature
While the Hawaii State Legislature is in Session, DOT monitors the thousands of bills that have been introduced and could become law. For those bills that we believe could impact the way we do business, we submit written testimony expressing our support, opposition, or concerns. DOT’s testimony can be found on the Legislature’s website.