What’s New for Support Services
- Keaau-Pahoa Road (Highway 130) contraflow to begin Monday, August 26 - August 23, 2019
- Traffic shift on Farrington Highway for Maipalaoa Bridge Replacement - August 21, 2019
- Full closure of Kuhio Highway at Waioli Bridge scheduled for nights of September 3-5 - August 21, 2019
- HDOT Airports Division finances the HNL rental car facility at historical record low rates - August 19, 2019
- New safety features implemented in time for the new school year - August 19, 2019
- Keaau-Pahoa Road (Route 130) contraflow data and design - August 15, 2019
- Maintenance activities on Runway 4R at Daniel K. Inouye International Airport - August 15, 2019
- Single lane closure on Kuhio Highway at Mile Marker 1 for slope stabilization - August 9, 2019
- Closure of Wailuku bound lanes of Kaahumanu Avenue between Kanaloa Avenue and South Wakea Avenue Saturday morning, August 10 - August 9, 2019
- Eastbound H-1 Freeway closed Monday night, Aug. 12, fort he Kapolei Interchange project - August 9, 2019
We’re hiring! The Hawaii Department of Transportation has various job openings in the Airports, Highways and Harbors Divisions. If you are interested in joining our team and helping move the state’s transportation goals forward click on the link, find an open position and apply as soon as possible! Check back regularly for new lists of open positions.
HDOT’s Sustainable Transportation Infrastructure and Energy Savings Project
Sustainable Transportation Forum
The Hawaii sustainable transportation forum provides stakeholders of various transportation sectors, the discussion opportunity to ensure that environment, social and economic considerations are factored into decisions affecting transportation activities that can be sustained into the indefinite future without causing irreparable harm to future generation of Hawaii.
Hawaii State Legislature
While the Hawaii State Legislature is in Session, HDOT monitors the thousands of bills that have been introduced and could become law. For those bills that we believe could impact the way we do business, we submit written testimony expressing our support, opposition, or concerns. HDOT’s testimony can be found on the Legislature’s website.