What’s New for Support Services
- Hana Highway to close for nighttime slope stabilization work - July 28, 2016
- Paumalu Stream Bridge 24/7 lane closure lifted, daily lane closures scheduled - July 27, 2016
- New Airport Access Road to improve traffic and efficiency around Kahului Airport - July 22, 2016
- Zipper lane work to improve traffic congestion during peak hours, lane closures required - July 15, 2016
- Weekend lane closures on Liliha Street scheduled to begin Friday, July 15 - July 14, 2016
- Likelike Highway Honolulu-bound closed Saturday night, July 16, for tunnel maintenance - July 13, 2016
- HDOT responds to a Honolulu Star Advertiser editorial - July 11, 2016
- Contract awarded for the Lahaina Bypass 1B-2 Phase project - June 28, 2016
- HOV hours extended for specific routes, other HOV lanes converted to single occupancy - June 23, 2016
- HDOT named finalist for federal program to allow expanded services - June 23, 2016
Find out about HDOT’s major improvements projects, programs and initiatives that have taken place statewide in the last three years. Lots of work has been done to improve our Airports, Harbors & Highways for our residents and visitors. We’ll be adding to the list monthly, so please bookmark this page for future updates.
The Hawaii sustainable transportation forum provides stakeholders of various transportation sectors, the discussion opportunity to ensure that environment, social and economic considerations are factored into decisions affecting transportation activities that can be sustained into the indefinite future without causing irreparable harm to future generation of Hawaii.
Hawaii State Legislature
While the Hawaii State Legislature is in Session, DOT monitors the thousands of bills that have been introduced and could become law. For those bills that we believe could impact the way we do business, we submit written testimony expressing our support, opposition, or concerns. DOT’s testimony can be found on the Legislature’s website.