What’s New for Support Services
- Oct. 17 Update: Emergency slope stabilization work on Kuhio Highway at Hanalei Hill is off the road due to wet weather conditions; expected to continue on schedule Tomorrow, Oct. 18 - October 17, 2019
- Hourly full closures needed Thursday, Oct. 17 and Friday, Oct. 18 for emergency slope stabilization on Kuhio Highway at Hanalei Hill - October 16, 2019
- Nightly closures for Na Pua Makani equipment transport begin Sunday, Oct. 13 - October 11, 2019
- Road closure schedule for the 2019 Kona Ironman - October 10, 2019
- Full Closure of Kamehameha Highway between Laniakea and Sunset Beach scheduled for early morning hours of Oct. 10 - October 8, 2019
- Maui Bicycling League to host “Noodle Ride” on Hana Highway, Saturday, Oct. 19 - October 8, 2019
- Lane closure scheduled on H-1 Freeway westbound in Pearl City for concrete work - October 8, 2019
- Nightly work on H-1 eastbound between Kapiolani Boulevard Onramp and Waialae Avenue Offramp begins Sunday, October 13 - October 4, 2019
- Runway 4R-22L will be closed overnight for construction at HNL beginning Oct. 7, 2019 - October 4, 2019
- Main entrance to Kawaihae Harbor to temporarily close for paving improvements - October 4, 2019
We’re hiring! The Hawaii Department of Transportation has various job openings in the Airports, Highways and Harbors Divisions. If you are interested in joining our team and helping move the state’s transportation goals forward click on the link, find an open position and apply as soon as possible! Check back regularly for new lists of open positions.
HDOT’s Sustainable Transportation Infrastructure and Energy Savings Project
Sustainable Transportation Forum
The Hawaii sustainable transportation forum provides stakeholders of various transportation sectors, the discussion opportunity to ensure that environment, social and economic considerations are factored into decisions affecting transportation activities that can be sustained into the indefinite future without causing irreparable harm to future generation of Hawaii.
Hawaii State Legislature
While the Hawaii State Legislature is in Session, HDOT monitors the thousands of bills that have been introduced and could become law. For those bills that we believe could impact the way we do business, we submit written testimony expressing our support, opposition, or concerns. HDOT’s testimony can be found on the Legislature’s website.