HNL Storm Water Program
PUBLIC REVIEW AND COMMENT
Plans relating to the HNL Small MS4 NPDES Permit HI S000005 will be posted here for public review and comment for at least 30 calendar days prior to implementation. Please send any comments to the DOTA via email to email@example.com.
Spills and Illicit Discharge Reporting
Please report any illicit discharges, illegal connections, or other environmental violations to Airport Environmental Health Specialists at (808) 838-8002 and/or Airport Emergency Services at (808) 836-6670.
National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permit
- HNL Trash Reduction Plan (1.71 MB)
- Honolulu International Airport–Small MS4 NPDES Permit (150Kb)
- Standard Conditions for NPDES Permit (80.1Kb)
HNL SWMPP (Storm Water Management Program Plan)
The SWMPP has been developed to assist all those parties conducting operations on HNL with meeting the requirements detailed in the NPDES Permit.
- Introduction (1.21MB)
- Section A – Storm Water Management Program Overview (3.52MB)
- Section B – Illicit Discharge/Illegal Connections BMP Program (5.35MB)
- Section C – Construction Site Runoff Control Program – Located under the Construction Site Runoff Control Program tab.
- Section D – Post Construction Storm Water Management – Located under the Construction Site Runoff Control Program tab.
- Section E – Pollution Prevention and Good House Keeping Program (8.57MB)
- Section F – Industrial & Commercial Activities Discharge Management Program (4.23KB)
- Under the Industrial & Commercial Activities Discharge Management Program, all airport tenants conducting industrial activities at defined by the Code of Federal Regulations Title 40, Part 122 must implement a site-specific Storm Water Pollution Control Plan (SWPCP). An example of a typical SWPCP developed for industrial tenants is included below for the T-Hangar and Tie Down facilities.
- Additionally, all airport tenants conducting commercial activities must implement a site-specific Best Management Practices (BMP) Plan. An example BMP Plan that must be implemented by all parties conducting operations within common use areas of the Air Operations Area (AOA) is included below.
- Section G – Hydrocarbon Removal and Remediation Program (975kB)
- Section H – Annual Monitoring Plan (April 2016) (1.39MB)
The HNL SWMPP is available at the following location:
State Department of Transportation
400 Rodgers Boulevard, Suite 700
Honolulu, Hawaii 96819-1880
ATTN: HNL Environmental Program (AIR-EE)
Bodies of Water (PDF 477.3Kb)
Honolulu International Airport Municipal Separate Storm Sewer map. (4 MB) Please note that the map may be periodically updated.
Extended Education and Outreach Program
Fact Sheet: Illicit Discharges & Illegal Connections (523KB)
Fertilizer Use Brochure (188KB)
2018 Storm Water Activity Book (920MB)
Hazardous Materials and Waste Disposal Brochure (303KB)
2017 HNL Baseyard Environmental Factsheet (1.94MB)
Department of Health – Clean Water Branch
United States Environmental Protection Agency
City & County of Honolulu Department of Environmental Services
State of Hawaii Department of Transportation Storm Water Management
State of Hawaii Department of Transportation Harbors Division Storm Water Mangement
To view and print the Portable Document Files (pdf), you need a free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. This will take you to the Adobe web site, where step-by-step instructions are available.