Weekend Road Work for the Pearl City Viaduct, Vineyard Boulevard Resurfacing Project and Airport ViaductPosted on Aug 15, 2014 in Highways News, Main, News
HONOLULU — The state Department of Transportation advises Oahu motorists of multiple weekend lane closures for the Pearl City Viaduct, Airport Viaduct, and Vineyard Boulevard Resurfacing Project. Please see the list of roadwork below.
Pearl City Viaduct weekend closures:
The HDOT advises Oahu motorists of closures on the H-1 Freeway in the westbound direction between the Pearl City/Waimalu Off-Ramp (Exit 10) and the Waikele/Waipahu Off-Ramp (Exit 7), from 11 p.m. Saturday night, August 16, through 10 a.m. Sunday morning, August 17, for pavement reconstruction. Closures are as follows:
· Two left lanes closed from the Waimalu On-Ramp (Exit 10) to the H-1/H-2 Split.
· Two right lanes closed from the H-1/H-2 Split to the Waipahu Street Overpass.
· One right lane closed from the H-1/H-2 split to the Waipahu Street Overpass on Sunday, August 17, from 10 a.m. to 12 noon.
· The Kamehameha Highway On-Ramp to the H-1 Freeway will remain open with traffic shifted to the left side of the on-ramp to accommodate work on the H-1 Freeway. For more information, please visit the project website at www.pmcontraflow.com or call the project hotline at (808) 945-1144.
Vineyard Boulevard weekend closures:
The HDOT advises Oahu motorists of closures on Vineyard Boulevard in the eastbound direction between Olomea Street and Pua Lane on Sunday, August 17, from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m., for roadway reconstruction and repaving work. Closures are as follows:
· Full closure of the Vineyard Off-Ramp (Exit 20B) in the eastbound direction.
· Left lane closure between Olomea Street and the Vineyard Off-Ramp (Exit 20B).
Airport Viaduct weekend closures:
The HDOT advises Oahu motorists of ongoing eastbound road work on the H-1 Freeway and Nimitz Highway for the Airport Viaduct project from 12 a.m. Saturday morning, August 16, through 4 a.m. Monday morning, August 18, for deck repairs. Nimitz Highway will be closed as a precaution for safety reasons due to the deck repairs happening above. Upcoming eastbound lane closures for the Airport Viaduct are as follows:
· Three left lanes closed on the H-1 Freeway between the Radford Drive Overpass and the Airport Off-Ramp (Exit 16).
· Two left lanes closed on Nimitz Highway between Elliott Street and Aolele Street as a precaution for the deck repairs happening above on the Airport Viaduct.
· Full closure of the Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam On-Ramp.
· Full closure at the Valkenburgh Street intersection on Nimitz Highway on Sunday, August 17, from 12 a.m. midnight to 12 p.m. noon. Left turns at the intersection of Nimitz Highway and Valkenburgh Street will not be permitted. Detours will be implemented.
Motorists are advised to use caution while driving through the work area and to allow for extra travel time. Roadwork is weather permitting.