Closures of Kuhio Highway (Route 560) at Waipa Bridge and Hanalei Hill scheduled to begin in February 2019Posted on Feb 14, 2019 in Highways News, Main, News
UPDATE (Feb. 15, 2019): Please be advised that the start date for the night work at Waipa Bridge has changed to Wednesday, February 20. The estimated end date for this closure is still March 7.
HANALEI – The Hawaii Department of Transportation announces planned closures in two locations on Kuhio Highway (Route 560) for the Kuhio Highway Emergency Repairs project in the month of February 2019.
Closure details are as follows:
- Night work on Kuhio Highway at Waipa Bridge
- Full closure nightly at Waipa Bridge past Kumu Road and before the Waikoko checkpoint.
- Wednesday, Feb. 20 through March 7 between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m.
- Closure will begin after the 11 p.m. convoy into Wainiha and will end before the first convoy out towards Hanalei at 5:50 a.m.
- Future night work is expected and will be shared as schedules are confirmed.
- First responders have been notified of the planned closure and will be escorted across the bridge if needed. All work is weather permitting.
- Kuhio Highway at mile marker 1 (the hill leading down to Hanalei Bridge)
- Single lane closure, with alternating traffic control
- Tuesday, Feb. 26 through Friday, March 1 between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
More information on the Waipa Stream Bridge and other Kuhio Highway Emergency Repairs can be found on the HDOT website at https://hidot.hawaii.gov/highways/2018-kuhio-highway-emergency-repairs/