HONOLULU – The Hawaii Department of Transportation (HDOT) informs Oahu and Kauai motorists of the special use lanes schedule for Good Friday on April 19, 2019. The schedules for Oahu and Kauai are as follows.
- The Zipper Lane will be open in the eastbound direction from Managers Drive to the Keehi Interchange from 5:30 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- The Nimitz Highway contraflow will be open in the eastbound direction from the Keehi Interchange to the beginning of the industrial parkway from 5:30 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- The Pali Highway contraflow will be closed between Kamehameha Highway and Waokanaka Street.
- The Farrington Highway contraflow will be closed between Laumania Avenue and Nanaikeola Street.
- The Kuhio Highway contraflow will be closed between Kapule Highway and the Kapaa Temporary Bypass Road.
- The Kuhio Highway convoy from Waikoko to Wainiha will be operating on the Sunday and Holiday schedule. Following the 7 p.m. convoy from Wainiha to Waikoko, the Waipa Bridge will be closed for repair work and residents will be allowed through via the park and ride shuttle service. For more information on the Kuhio Highway emergency repairs, please view the HDOT website at https://hidot.hawaii.gov/highways/2018-kuhio-highway-emergency-repairs/.
HDOT advises motorists to plan ahead and allow for extra travel time to get to their destinations. HDOT advises motorists to use traffic apps like GoAkamai to view up to the minute traffic conditions before getting on the road