Temporary Use of Airspace within State Highway Right-of-Way
1. WHERE TO APPLY:
State Department of Transportation
601 Kamokila Boulevard, Room 691
Kapolei, Hawaii 96707
Phone: (808) 692-7331
The revocable permit is required to control the use of airspace on Federal-aid highway systems for non-highway purposes in accordance with FHWA and State policies relating to management of airspace.
3. REVOCABLE PERMIT REQUIREMENTS:
(1) Application: Forms to be issued by State Highways Division.
(2) Location: Include map and area.
(3) Purpose: Storage and parking. Include type and number of equipment, material and vehicles.
(4) General design for use of airspace: Include plans, maps or sketches.
(5) Duration of use: Month to month revocable permit not to exceed one (1) year unless renewed by DOT.
(6) Revocable Permit fee: Determined by appraisal (fair market rent).
4. REVIEW PROCEDURE:
(1) Receipt of Application and Review of Application for proposed use.
(2) Request of Director’s policy decision on proposed use of the proposed area.
(3) Application approved by Director, DOT and FHWA drafting and finalizing of airspace revocable permit incorporating all conditions.
(4) Execution of Revocable Permit.
(5) Executed and approved Revocable Permit forwarded to applicant.