Pre-construction public information meeting and noise variance consultation scheduled for Kalanianaole Highway improvementsPosted on Mar 3, 2016 in Highways Posts, Main, News
HONOLULU — The Hawaii Department of Transportation (HDOT) will be holding a public information meeting to inform the public prior to the start of construction work on the Kalanianaole Highway Improvements, Phase 1 Project between the Olomana Golf Course and the Vicinity of Poalima Street and conduct noise variance consultation on proposed changes to the project’s noise variance. Improvements will include roadway resurfacing and reconstruction, left turn lanes at Flamingo Road, Kumuhau Street, and Humuniki Street, sidewalks and curb ramps on the mauka-side of the Highway meeting compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), bicycle route improvements, utility upgrades and drainage improvements. Areas along Kalanianaole Highway that do not have concrete sidewalks will have a paved shoulder. The contract amount of the project is $9.4 million with 80 percent funded by the federal government and the remaining 20 percent funded by HDOT. The meeting is scheduled at the following location and time:
Tuesday, March 8, 2016
6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
Waimanalo Public and School Library
41-1320 Kalanianaole Highway, Waimanalo
The consultation meeting is accessible for individuals with disabilities. For more information or to request an auxiliary aid or service (e.g., sign language, interpreter, specific language interpreter, designated parking, and materials in alternate format) contact Ms. Mung Fa Chung at (808) 692-7545, or TTY (808) 587-2210 by March 7, 2016.
For more information regarding the improvements please visit the project website: