What’s New for Support Services
- Seat belt use trends remind us to Click it or Ticket - May 26, 2022
- Public meeting for Kauaʻi’s North Shore communities to be held Wednesday, June 8 - May 26, 2022
- UPDATE: Soil boring work completed on Hana Highway at mile marker 4.3 - May 25, 2022
- HNL runway 4R temporarily closed - May 23, 2022
- Bayfront Highway night closures near Waianuenue Ave intersection start Sunday, May 22 - May 19, 2022
- Closure of the westbound and eastbound onramps from Daniel K. Inouye International Airport to the H-1 Freeway beginning May 21 - May 17, 2022
- Hana Highway nightly closures at mile marker 4.3, May 23-26 - May 13, 2022
- Piʻilani Highway closure and speed limit reduction - May 13, 2022
- Likelike Highway repaving starts with full nightly closures Kaneohe-bound from Nalanieha Street - May 6, 2022
- Weekend roadwork scheduled on the Airport Viaduct, Waimalu Viaduct, and King Street offramp - May 6, 2022
Coronavirus information and resources
The HDOT Airports Division (HDOTA) works closely with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Hawaii Department of Health as well as multiple federal, state, county and private agencies regarding the Coronavirus. The Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (HNL) is one of 20 airports in the country with a CDC Quarantine Station. For information regarding the Coronavirus and Hawaii’s airports please click here.
We’re hiring! The Hawaii Department of Transportation has various job openings in the Airports, Highways and Harbors Divisions. If you are interested in joining our team and helping move the state’s transportation goals forward click on the link, find an open position and apply as soon as possible! Check back regularly for new lists of open positions.
HDOT’s Sustainable Transportation Infrastructure and Energy Savings Project
Sustainable Transportation Forum
The Hawaii sustainable transportation forum provides stakeholders of various transportation sectors, the discussion opportunity to ensure that environment, social and economic considerations are factored into decisions affecting transportation activities that can be sustained into the indefinite future without causing irreparable harm to future generation of Hawaii.
Hawaii State Legislature
While the Hawaii State Legislature is in Session, HDOT monitors the thousands of bills that have been introduced and could become law. For those bills that we believe could impact the way we do business, we submit written testimony expressing our support, opposition, or concerns. HDOT’s testimony can be found on the Legislature’s website.