What’s New for Support Services
- Public parking at Lihue Airport currently full - December 7, 2018
- Single lane restriction on Kuhio Highway (Route 560) at Hanalei Hill for emergency survey work, December 10-14, 2018 - December 7, 2018
- Road striping to begin on Kanoelehua Avenue (Route 11) on Thursday, December 6, 2018 - December 5, 2018
- Nighttime closure of Kuhio Highway (Route 560) at Waioli Bridge scheduled for December 11, 2018 - December 4, 2018
- Filming to take place in Mokuleia and Pupukea, December 4 and 7, 2018 - December 4, 2018
- Second community meeting scheduled for the Waimea Regional Safety Study on Hawaii Island - December 3, 2018
- Kipapa Stream (Roosevelt) Bridge rehabilitation project complete - November 30, 2018
- Afternoon westbound H-1 Freeway HOV lane hours to be extended; Left lane closure in both directions December 1 and 2 for sign installations - November 28, 2018
- HDOT completes installation of pedestrian safety treatment pilot at select intersections on Pali Highway - November 27, 2018
- Intersection improvements at Queen Kaahumanu Highway and Kawaihae Road opened November 2018 - November 23, 2018
HDOT’s Sustainable Transportation Infrastructure and Energy Savings Project
Find out about HDOT’s major improvements projects, programs and initiatives that have taken place statewide in the last three years. Lots of work has been done to improve our Airports, Harbors & Highways for our residents and visitors. We’ll be adding to the list monthly, so please bookmark this page for future updates.
The Hawaii sustainable transportation forum provides stakeholders of various transportation sectors, the discussion opportunity to ensure that environment, social and economic considerations are factored into decisions affecting transportation activities that can be sustained into the indefinite future without causing irreparable harm to future generation of Hawaii.
Hawaii State Legislature
While the Hawaii State Legislature is in Session, DOT monitors the thousands of bills that have been introduced and could become law. For those bills that we believe could impact the way we do business, we submit written testimony expressing our support, opposition, or concerns. DOT’s testimony can be found on the Legislature’s website.