Daniel K. Inouye International Airport Stormwater Program
PUBLIC REVIEW AND COMMENT
Plans relating to the HNL Small MS4 NPDES Permit HI S000005 will be posted here for public review and comment for at least 30 calendar days prior to implementation.
- Currently there are no documents for public comment.
Spills and Illicit Discharge Reporting
Please report any illicit discharges, illegal connections, or other environmental violations to Airport Environmental Health Specialists at (808) 838-8002 and/or Airport Emergency Services at (808) 836-6670.
National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permit
- Honolulu International Airport–Small MS4 NPDES Permit (150Kb)
- HNL Small MS4 NPDES Permit Administrative Extension (376 KB)
- Consent Decree 2014 (150Kb)
HNL SWMPP (Stormwater Management Program Plan)
The SWMPP has been developed to assist all those parties conducting operations on HNL with meeting the requirements detailed in the NPDES Permit.
- Introduction (17 MB)
- Section A – Public Education and Outreach (3.52MB)
- Section B – Illicit Discharge/Illegal Connections BMP Program (5.35MB)
- Section C – Construction Site Runoff Control Program – Located under the Construction Site Runoff Control Program tab.
- Section D – Post Construction Stormwater Management – Located under the Construction Site Runoff Control Program tab.
- Section E – Pollution Prevention and Good House Keeping Program (19 MB)
- Maintenance Baseyard SWPCP (15MB) This version of the HNL Maintenance Baseyard SWPCP supersedes all other versions of the SWPCP within the HNL SWMPP.
- Section F – Industrial & Commercial Activities (3 MB)
- Under the Industrial & Commercial Activities Discharge Management Program, all airport tenants conducting industrial activities at defined by the Code of Federal Regulations Title 40, Part 122 must obtain an NPDES permit coverage for their industrial activities and develop/implement a site-specific Stormwater Pollution Control Plan (SWPCP).
- Section G – Hydrocarbon Removal and Remediation Program (975kB)
- Section H – Annual Monitoring Plan (February 2020)
The HNL SWMPP is available at the following location:
State Department of Transportation
400 Rodgers Boulevard, Suite 700
Honolulu, Hawaii 96819-1880
ATTN: HNL Environmental Program (AIR-EE)
Bodies of Water (PDF 477.3Kb)
HNL Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) Map. (Revised March 2019) (16 MB) ** Please note that the map may be periodically updated.
Extended Education and Outreach Program
Fact Sheet: Illicit Discharges & Illegal Connections (523KB)
Landscaping Materials Guide (652 KB)
Stormwater Activity Book (920MB)
Hazardous Waste Materials Guide (1 MB)
HNL Maintenance Baseyard Fact Sheet (4 MB)
Best Management Practices for Tenant Operations at State of Hawaii Airports (869 KB)
Airports Stormwater Pollution Depiction (37KB)
PBMP Inspection & Maintenance Fact Sheet (706KB)
Department of Health – Clean Water Branch
United States Environmental Protection Agency
City & County of Honolulu Department of Environmental Services
State of Hawaii Department of Transportation Stormwater Management
To view and print the Portable Document Files (pdf), you need a free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. This will take you to the Adobe web site, where step-by-step instructions are available.