Notice of Public Hearings on Proposed Amendments to Chapter 19-20.1
STATE OF HAWAII
DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION AIRPORTS DIVISION
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARINGS ON PROPOSED AMENDMENTS TO
TITLE 19, SUBTITLE 2, CHAPTER 20.1, HAWAII ADMINISTRATIVE RULES
The Department of Transportation Airports Division previously announced public hearings on the amendments to Chapter 19-20.1, Hawaii Administrative Rules, scheduled for May 29 – June 1, 2018. These hearings are hereby canceled.
The Department of Transportation Airports Division will hold statewide public hearings on its proposed amendments to Title 19, Subtitle 2, Chapter 20.1, Hawaii Administrative Rules, as noted below:
- 19-20.1-2, Definitions. Amends the definitions for the terms “gross receipts,” “permittee,” and “person.”
- 19-20.1-3, Permit or authorization required. Adds references to services either provided or facilitated.
- 19-20.1-4, Payment of fees. Adds references to services either provided or facilitated; updates the names of the Honolulu and Kona airports.
- 19-20.1-5, Records; audit of records; reports. Adds references to State access to data provided by a digital network.
- 19-20.1-6, Insurance. Clarifies that adequate insurance coverage is determined by applicable state or local insurance law; adds reference to department inspection of insurance policies.
- 19-20.1-7, Entry to air operations area. Adds references to services either provided or facilitated.
- 19-20.1-8, Airport activity. Non-substantive changes for improved readability and clarity.
- 19-20.1-11, Indemnify and hold harmless. Non-substantive changes for improved readability.
- 19-20.1-55, Definitions. Adds definitions for “digital network”, “software application service” and “transportation network company”; amends the definitions for “operator” and “prearranged ground transportation services”.
- 19-20.1-56, Fees. Adds the fee schedule for transportation network companies; updates the names of the Honolulu and Kona airports.
- 19-20.1-60, Restrictions. Adds references to services either provided or facilitated.
- 19-20.1-62, Vehicle identification and tracking. A new section addressing the use of decals and transponders or tracking devices, and use of logos and trade dress and a digital network.
The public hearings shall be held as follows:
- Honolulu, Oahu – June 25, 2018, 10:00 a.m. at the Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Airport Conference Center, Inter-Island Terminal, 7th Floor, Conference Room 1
- Kahului, Maui – June 26, 2018, 10:00 a.m. at Kahului Airport, Administrative Conference Room (Adjacent to the TSA Check Point)
- Kona, Hawaii – June 28, 2018, 10:00 a.m. at the Ellison Onizuka Kona International Airport at Keahole (73-200 Kupipi Street)
- Lihue, Kauai – June 29, 2018, 10:00 a.m. at DOT Airports District Office at Lihue Airport (3901 Mokulele Loop)
All interested persons may attend the public hearings to submit data, views, or arguments, orally or in writing. The Department of Transportation will make and announce its decision on the proposed amendments on Tuesday, July 3, 2018, at 10:00 a.m. at the Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Airport Conference Center, Inter-Island Terminal, 7th Floor.
The proposed rule amendments are available online at http://hidot.hawaii.gov/airports/library/admin-rules/ as well as the website of the Lt. Governor and will be available for review in person until June 29, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. (exclusive of State holidays) at the DOT Airports Administration Building at 400 Rodgers Blvd, Suite 700 in Honolulu. A copy of the proposed rule amendments will be mailed to any interested person who requests a copy in writing. The written request must state the requester’s name and mailing address and must be sent to 400 Rodgers Blvd, Suite 700 in Honolulu, HI 96819.
Any person requiring a special accommodation (e.g., large print materials, assistance of a sign language interpreter) at the public hearing are asked to contact (808) 838-8704 at least two weeks in advance of the public hearing.