Coordinated Public Transit – Human Services Transportation Plan (CSP)
The Coordinated Public Transit – Human Services Transportation Plan (CSP)
The Coordinated Public Transit – Human Services Transportation Plan is required by federal transit law to identify eligible project for the funding under the Enhanced Mobility for Seniors and Individuals with Disabilities (Section 5310) Program. The program provides capital and operating assistance to support transportation services for older adults and individuals with disabilities. The Coordinated Plans are required to be developed locally and to include an inventory of available transportation services, an evaluation of transportation needs for the target populations, identification of strategies for addressing those needs, and input from older adults, people with disabilities, transportation providers, and other stakeholders.
HDOT CSP 2020+
HDOT is in the process of updating the Coordinated Public Transit – Human Services Transportation Plan, last updated in December 2011. This update, known as HDOT CSP 2020+ focuses on the following for Hawai’i, Maui, and Kauai Counties:
- Researching transit access and mobility needs for older adults and people with disabilities
- Understanding current transit programs and services
- Proposing strategies to close the gaps between needs and current services
The HDOT CSP 2020+ will rely on feedback from members of the public and stakeholders dedicated to these issues. The planning process will last through the end of 2021, and updates will be posted on this page (including draft deliverables for review/public comments and notices about public workshops).
- September 2020 – January 2021: project kick-off, developing Public Involvement Plan
- January 2021 – April 2021: existing conditions, gathering stakeholder input
- April 2021 – June 2021: assessing transportation needs and gaps, gathering stakeholder and public input
- June 2021 – August 2021: strategy development, gathering stakeholder and public input
- August 2021 – December 2021: prepare draft and final CSP, provide technical assistance as needed
We are currently seeking input from human service agencies, social services, and transportation providers in Hawai`i, Maui, and Kauai Counties on transportation needs and challenges you and/or your clients face. The information provided will be used to develop an inventory of transportation services and identify strategies that encourage more efficient use of available service providers to bring enhanced mobility to the region’s seniors, persons with disabilities, and low-income residents.
The survey will be available until April 30, 2021. To access the survey, please click here:
To learn more about the terms and definitions, please click here:
Links and Contacts
To see prior HDOT Coordinated Public Transit – Human Services Transportation Plan, please click here for a PDF: https://hidot.hawaii.gov/administration/files/2013/01/final-plan-hi-csp.pdf
For information about the separate coordinated transit / human services transportation planning efforts in the City and County of Honolulu, please click here: https://www.honolulu.gov/dtshstc.html
If you have any questions or comments regarding this plan, please contact Robyn Fujioka ([email protected]).