What’s New for Support Services
- Night work is canceled on Kuhio Highway at Waikoko Bridge, Sept. 18-19 & Sept. 23-26 - September 18, 2019
- Public Informational Meeting for Wailuku River bridge repairs scheduled in Hilo on September 30 - September 17, 2019
- Eastbound H-1 Freeway Campbell Industrial Park/Barbers Point Harbor offramp (Exit 1A) closed on Tuesday night, Sept. 17 - September 13, 2019
- Maintenance activities on Runway 8R/26L at Daniel K. Inouye International Airport - September 13, 2019
- Hawaii participates in National Child Passenger Safety Week with free car seat checks statewide - September 12, 2019
- Single lane closure on Kuhio Highway at Mile Marker 1 (Hanalei Hill) starting Monday, Sept. 16 - September 12, 2019
- Lanai Lookout closed on Kalanianaole Highway for filming work on Monday, Sept. 16 - September 11, 2019
- 2019 Safe Routes to School informational workshops announced for Kauai and Kona - September 9, 2019
- Full closure of Kuhio Highway at Waikoko Bridge scheduled for nights of Sept. 18-19 & Sept. 23-26 - September 6, 2019
- Additional drainage work on Lahaina Bypass (Honoapiilani Highway Realignment) at Kai Hele Ku Street - September 6, 2019
We’re hiring! The Hawaii Department of Transportation has various job openings in the Airports, Highways and Harbors Divisions. If you are interested in joining our team and helping move the state’s transportation goals forward click on the link, find an open position and apply as soon as possible! Check back regularly for new lists of open positions.
HDOT’s Sustainable Transportation Infrastructure and Energy Savings Project
Sustainable Transportation Forum
The Hawaii sustainable transportation forum provides stakeholders of various transportation sectors, the discussion opportunity to ensure that environment, social and economic considerations are factored into decisions affecting transportation activities that can be sustained into the indefinite future without causing irreparable harm to future generation of Hawaii.
Hawaii State Legislature
While the Hawaii State Legislature is in Session, HDOT monitors the thousands of bills that have been introduced and could become law. For those bills that we believe could impact the way we do business, we submit written testimony expressing our support, opposition, or concerns. HDOT’s testimony can be found on the Legislature’s website.