What’s New for Support Services
- Detour to relieve traffic from Kuhio Highway repaving in Kilauea begins Monday, Oct. 25 - October 21, 2021
- Pavement repairs scheduled on the westbound H-1 Freeway in Kapolei and northbound H-2 Freeway in Waipi - October 21, 2021
- Permanent Federal Inspection Service Facility at Ellison Onizuka Kona International Airport opens ahead of schedule - October 19, 2021
- Evening of Oct. 15 marks completion of emergency construction phase at Hanalei Hill - October 15, 2021
- Nightly full closures of Likelike Highway on Monday, Oct. 25, through Friday, Oct. 29, for pavement preservation - October 13, 2021
- Full closure of the southbound Makakilo Drive onramp to the eastbound H-1 Freeway for pavement marking work - October 12, 2021
- Final update on Hawaii Island state transportation facilities after Oct. 10 earthquake - October 10, 2021
- Status of state transportation facilities on Hawaii Island after Oct. 10 earthquake - October 10, 2021
- Nighttime H-1 ramp closures in Pearl Harbor and Halawa scheduled in October - October 8, 2021
- Nightly work to begin in Wahiawa Town October 12 for Kamehameha Highway/Wilikina Drive/Kamananui Road Rehabilitation - October 7, 2021
Coronavirus information and resources
The HDOT Airports Division (HDOTA) works closely with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Hawaii Department of Health as well as multiple federal, state, county and private agencies regarding the Coronavirus. The Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (HNL) is one of 20 airports in the country with a CDC Quarantine Station. For information regarding the Coronavirus and Hawaii’s airports please click here.
We’re hiring! The Hawaii Department of Transportation has various job openings in the Airports, Highways and Harbors Divisions. If you are interested in joining our team and helping move the state’s transportation goals forward click on the link, find an open position and apply as soon as possible! Check back regularly for new lists of open positions.
HDOT’s Sustainable Transportation Infrastructure and Energy Savings Project
Sustainable Transportation Forum
The Hawaii sustainable transportation forum provides stakeholders of various transportation sectors, the discussion opportunity to ensure that environment, social and economic considerations are factored into decisions affecting transportation activities that can be sustained into the indefinite future without causing irreparable harm to future generation of Hawaii.
Hawaii State Legislature
While the Hawaii State Legislature is in Session, HDOT monitors the thousands of bills that have been introduced and could become law. For those bills that we believe could impact the way we do business, we submit written testimony expressing our support, opposition, or concerns. HDOT’s testimony can be found on the Legislature’s website.