What’s New for Support Services
- Nightly full closure of the westbound H-3 Freeway/Pearl Harbor offramp from Likelike Highway on Nov. 23-26 - November 20, 2020
- Single lane to be closed on the Vineyard onramp to the eastbound H-1 Freeway Nov. 13 thru Dec. 18 - November 20, 2020
- Nighttime closures Nov. 24 and 25 for installation of Pali Highway raised crosswalks - November 19, 2020
- Full closure of Mailihuna Road Dec. 1 – Dec. 22 for Kapaa Stream Bridge project - November 18, 2020
- Emergency detour for Hilo bound traffic on Route 19 over Wailuku River Bridge - November 18, 2020
- Reduced speeds as active construction zone expands for Piilani Highway projects - November 17, 2020
- Full closure of the H-1 Freeway westbound Middle Street offramp (Exit 19A) and H-1/Airport/Pearl Harbor/Joint Base PHH offramp (Exit 19B) on Nov. 17 - November 16, 2020
- Likelike Highway resurfacing project continues in the Honolulu-bound direction through the month of November - November 13, 2020
- Connected vehicle sensors installed in East Hawaii - October 28, 2020
- H-3 Freeway Kaneohe bound to close for filming on November 7 - October 26, 2020
Coronavirus information and resources
The HDOT Airports Division (HDOTA) works closely with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Hawaii Department of Health as well as multiple federal, state, county and private agencies regarding the Coronavirus. The Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (HNL) is one of 20 airports in the country with a CDC Quarantine Station. For information regarding the Coronavirus and Hawaii’s airports please click here.
We’re hiring! The Hawaii Department of Transportation has various job openings in the Airports, Highways and Harbors Divisions. If you are interested in joining our team and helping move the state’s transportation goals forward click on the link, find an open position and apply as soon as possible! Check back regularly for new lists of open positions.
HDOT’s Sustainable Transportation Infrastructure and Energy Savings Project
Sustainable Transportation Forum
The Hawaii sustainable transportation forum provides stakeholders of various transportation sectors, the discussion opportunity to ensure that environment, social and economic considerations are factored into decisions affecting transportation activities that can be sustained into the indefinite future without causing irreparable harm to future generation of Hawaii.
Hawaii State Legislature
While the Hawaii State Legislature is in Session, HDOT monitors the thousands of bills that have been introduced and could become law. For those bills that we believe could impact the way we do business, we submit written testimony expressing our support, opposition, or concerns. HDOT’s testimony can be found on the Legislature’s website.