Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program
Hawaii Department of Transportation
200 Rodgers Blvd.
Honolulu, Hawaii 96819
The DBE program was established to ensure that firms owned by minorities, women and other socially and economically disadvantaged persons have an equal opportunity to participate in U.S. DOT-assisted projects. The goal of the program is to level the playing field on which DBEs may compete for contracts and subcontracts in the transportation industry.
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) is a for-profit small business concern that is at least 51% owned and controlled by one or more U. S. citizens or permanent residents who are both socially and economically disadvantaged.
Final Availability and Disparity Study (As of 3/25/2020):
- March 24, 2020 HDOT Availability and Disparity Study Final Executive Summary.
- March 24, 2020 HDOT Availability and Disparity Study Final Report.
DBE PROGRAM PLAN (2021)
ACDBE PROGRAM PLAN (2023)
UNIFIED CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
- View Submitted FHWA DBE Goal and Methodology for FFY 2023-25 HERE
FIRMS SEEKING NEW DBE CERTIFICATION APPLICATION
FORMS FOR CURRENTLY CERTIFIED DBE/ACDBE
VIEW BIDDING OPPORTUNITIES via the Hawaii Awards & Notices Data System (HANDS)
- Click on the “Bidding Opportunities” tab and enter in keyword(s) to begin your search.
HDOT Highways Project Status Map
- View all state highways program data including current & future projects scheduled to begin in the next two years. Available data also includes Average Annual Daily Traffic counts and pavement conditions for state routes.
- Click on the “Current Construction” tab to view HDOT construction projects underway. Click on “Go to PDF list of projects by area” to access the pdf file.
- Click on the “Future Projects” tab to view HDOT construction projects scheduled to begin in the next two years. Click on “Go to PDF list of projects by area” to access pdf file.