Beginning Sunday night, Sept. 22, crews will begin the H-1 Rehabilitation Project from Middle St. to Ward Ave. Nightwork will include multiple lane and full closures. Visit h1rehab.com for details to plan and prepare.
Aloha from DOT!
Department of Transportation is responsible to plan, design, construct, operate, and maintain State facilities in all modes of transportation, including air, water, and land. Coordination with other State, County, and Federal programs is maintained in order to achieve these objectives.
H-1 Rehabilitation Project
Work has begun for the H-1 Rehabilitation project between Likelike Highway and Ward Avenue. This project includes road resurfacing, utility installations, drainage improvements, widening of Nuuanu Stream Bridge, and restriping to add a fourth lane in both directions. Work is anticipated to last a year. For more information please visit the procet website at www.H1Rehab.com or call the information line at 735-7465.
H-1 Freeway PM Contraflow Project
Work is underway to rebuild deteriorated parts of the H-1 viaducts in the Pearl City and Waimalu areas. Concrete sections are being demolished and fast-drying cement is poured overnight and on Sundays. Work will include widening of the H-1 westbound between the Pearl City and Waipahu exits to add an auxiliary lane, along with restriping from the Aiea Pedestrian Overpass to the Pearl City exit to add an additional westbound auxiliary lane. Work is anticipated to be completed in Fall of 2014. For a project hotline and anticipated Sunday closures, please visit pmcontraflow.com
DOT’s presentations from recent community meetings statewide are now available. Click on the link above to see what projects are planned in your area.
Hawaii’s Legal Presence Law
Legal presence requirements affect anyone applying for a Hawaii driver’s license, including U.S. citizens and foreign-born applicants, those applying for a learner’s permit, and permit holders passing their road test to obtain a driver’s license. Legal presence also applies to anyone who has just moved to Hawaii from another state or country, and anyone renewing their Hawaii driver’s license or permit.
- Northbound Kamehameha Highway Lane Modification Work In Wahiawa Begins Monday - November 29, 2013
- Most State Highway Construction to be Postponed for Thanksgiving Weekend and Holiday Season - November 27, 2013
- Expanded Character Limits Established for Driver’s License & State ID Cards - November 22, 2013
- Fort Weaver Road Restriping Project Addresses Traffic Congestion - November 22, 2013
- Full Road Closure for the Ihiihilauakea Bridge on Tuesday, November 19 - November 13, 2013
- Kahului Airport Access Road, Phase 1 - November 8, 2013
- H-1 Freeway Airport Off-Ramp Closed for Traffic Signal Installations - November 8, 2013
- DOT Launches 511 GoAkamai By Phone, Upgrades Website And Mobile Apps - November 5, 2013
- Southbound Fort Weaver Road Restriping Project Begins Monday - October 31, 2013
- Honolulu International Airport to Close Runway for Maintenance - October 30, 2013