Anyone applying for an original or renewal Hawaii State ID Card must present documentary proof of legal name, date of birth, social security number, legal presence and proof of principal residence address in person at select Driver License locations.
Aloha from DOT!
Department of Transportation is responsible to plan, design, construct, operate, and maintain State facilities in all modes of transportation, including air, water, and land. Coordination with other State, County, and Federal programs is maintained in order to achieve these objectives.
H-1 Freeway PM Contraflow Project
Work is underway to rebuild deteriorated parts of the H-1 viaducts in the Pearl City and Waimalu areas. Concrete sections are being demolished and fast-drying cement is poured overnight and on Sundays. Work will include widening of the H-1 westbound between the Pearl City and Waipahu exits to add an auxiliary lane, along with restriping from the Aiea Pedestrian Overpass to the Pearl City exit to add an additional westbound auxiliary lane. The final piece of this project will be the installation of the westbound contraflow lane which will help to alleviate afternoon rush-hour traffic. Work is anticipated to be completed in Fall of 2014. For a project hotline and anticipated Sunday closures, please visit pmcontraflow.com
DOT’s presentations from recent community meetings statewide are now available. Click on the link above to see what projects are planned in your area.
Hawaii’s Legal Presence Law
Legal presence requirements affect anyone applying for a Hawaii driver’s license, including U.S. citizens and foreign-born applicants, those applying for a learner’s permit, and permit holders passing their road test to obtain a driver’s license. Legal presence also applies to anyone who has just moved to Hawaii from another state or country, and anyone renewing their Hawaii driver’s license or permit.
- H-3 Freeway Honolulu-Bound Lanes Closed For Tunnel Cleaning On Saturday Night - May 9, 2013
- H-1 Freeway Westbound On-Ramps From Aolele Street Near Honolulu International Airport Closed Saturday - May 9, 2013
- Public Informational Meeting Scheduled For H-2 Freeway Mililani Interchange Traffic Study - May 8, 2013
- Honolulu International Airport to Close Reef Runway for Overnight Maintenance - May 7, 2013
- Lihue Airport To Conduct Triennial Emergency Response Exercise - May 3, 2013
- Pali Highway Right Lane Closure On Saturday 5/4 For Tree-Trimming Work - May 2, 2013
- Likelike Highway Right Lane Closures On Saturday 5/4 For Guardrail Repairs - May 2, 2013
- Honolulu International Airport Modernization Begins Construction - May 2, 2013
- Hana Airport Nighttime Closures Begin Sunday For Runway Lighting Replacement Project - April 26, 2013
- Lane Closures on the H-1 Freeway for Deck Repairs Tuesday, April 30 - April 26, 2013