H-1 Freeway Lane Closures Between Waipahu and Halawa on December 9 – 13Posted on Dec 5, 2013 in Highways News, Main, News
HONOLULU — The state Department of Transportation (DOT) advises Oahu motorists of daytime lane closures on the H-1 Freeway on the week of December 9, in addition to regularly scheduled nightly closures, at the following locations and times:
Monday, December 9, and Tuesday, December 10
- EASTBOUND: Two right lanes will be closed from the H-1/H-2 Merge to the Pearlridge/Waimalu Off-Ramp (Exit 10) from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., on Monday, December 9, for deck surveys.
- WESTBOUND: One right lane will be closed from the H-1/H-2 Split to the Waikele/Waipahu Off-Ramp (Exit 7) from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., daily, for asphalt saw-cutting.
- EASTBOUND: Three left lanes will be closed from the H-1/H-2 Merge to the Pearlridge/Waimalu Off-Ramp (Exit 10) from 6 p.m. to 4:30 a.m., nightly, for deck repairs.
Wednesday, December 11, and Thursday, December 12
- EASTBOUND: Two left lanes will be closed from the Kamehameha Highway Overpass to the Halawa Interchange from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. for deck surveys and drain cleaning. During these hours, the right shoulder lane will be open for use.
- WESTBOUND: One right lane will be closed from the H-1/H-2 Split to the Waikele/Waipahu Off-Ramp (Exit 7) from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., for asphalt saw-cutting. On Thursday, December 12, one left lane will also be closed from the Farrington Highway Overpass northbound towards the H-2 Freeway.
- EASTBOUND: Three left lanes will be closed from the H-1/H-2 Merge to the Pearlridge/Waimalu Off-ramp (Exit 10) from 7 p.m. to 4:30 a.m. for deck repairs.
While DOT makes every effort to minimize daytime freeway lane closures, the survey work will allow crews to continue working beneath the H-1 Pearl City Viaduct during the DOT’s holiday lane closure restriction period. Beginning Friday, December 13, roadwork on Oahu freeways and most major highways will be postponed through Wednesday, December 25. The survey data will allow crews to construct concrete forms beneath the freeway during this break period.
For more information, please call the project hotline at (808) 945-1144 or visit the project website at pmcontraflow.com.
Electronic message boards will be in place to warn motorists of upcoming roadwork. Please use caution while driving through the work area and to allow for extra travel time. Roadwork is weather permitting.