[Update @ 4:15 PM] All H-1 Lanes Reopened, Adjustments Made To Alleviate Westbound TrafficPosted on Apr 1, 2015 in Highways News, News
HONOLULU – The Hawaii Department of Transportation (HDOT) advises Oahu motorists that the backup ZipMobile has completed its closing the H-1 ZipperLane from Waikele to the Keehi Interchange. The closing of the lane began at 2 p.m. and was completed at approximately 4 p.m.
More traffic adjustments are in place to help alleviate afternoon traffic including:
- [NEW] All vehicles may use the H-1 westbound HOV lane today regardless of the number of passengers.
- The H-1 Freeway westbound right shoulder lane is open for use between
- the Radford Drive Overpass and the Kaneohe/Honolulu Off-Ramp (Exit 13B)
- the Kaonohi Street Overpass to the Waimalu/Pearl City Off-Ramp (Exit 10)
- Freeway Service Patrol (FSP) operating hours will be extended tonight to 9 p.m.
- State, City and Rail Transit roadwork projects in the westbound direction have been postponed today.
Motorists are advised to still expect traffic delays as the afternoon congestion clears. More updates will be provided as soon as new information becomes available. HDOT sincerely thanks Oahu’s motorists for their patience and kokua.