Construction Site Runoff Control Program
The Construction Site Runoff Control Program has been developed to address the potential pollutants that are generated as a result of construction activities in accordance with the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permit Program. All Designers, Construction Managers, Contractors, and other parties involved with construction at airports, statewide, must comply with this program. All construction projects must undergo a construction plan review and receive a Notice-To-Proceed from DOTA prior to commencing construction activities.
HNL SWMPP (Stormwater Management Program Plan)
- Section C – Construction Site Runoff Control Program (4.29 MB)
- Section D – Permanent Best Management Practice Program (9.91 MB)
- Retrofit Action Plan (2.22 MB)
OGG SWMP (Stormwater Management Program Plan)
Construction BMP (Best Management Practices) Training Video and Presentation
All parties involved with construction project responsibilities, including DOTA engineers, inspectors, contractors, consultants, and designers, are required to complete annual training. Submit completed training rosters and Construction Training Survey to the DOTA Environmental Section at [email protected] or fax to 808-838-8017.
- Training Roster Sign-in Sheet
- 2020 Construction BMP Quiz
- 2019 Construction Stormwater and Asbestos Training Material
- 2018 Construction Stormwater Training Material
Useful Construction Documents (ALL AIRPORTS)
- DOTA Statewide Programmatic Environmental Hazard Evaluation and Environmental Hazard Management Plan (EHE-EHMP)
- Designers and Tenant Improvement Projects: submit the proper forms with your plans for review and approval.
- Construction Plan Design and Review SOP for Designers and Tenants
- Tenant Improvement Projects: Complete this application for stormwater discharges from your construction site (this is applicable to all HNL, OGG projects and all projects for dewatering and/or hydrotesting). Construction Discharge Permit (28.7KB) (For drainage basin maps for other airports please reach out to DOT AIR-EE.)
- Contaminated Soil and Groundwater Review Form
- One acre or more: Design Review Checklist
- Construction Project Review Package for Projects Equal to or Greater than One Acre
- Less than one acre: Notification Less Than One Acre
- Construction Project Review Package for Less Than One Acre
- Construction Managers/ Inspectors: The contractor can use this form or similar to document construction site inspections.
- City and County of Honolulu Best Management Practices Manual. *Note: Ensure that the most recent version is referenced.
- DOTA Environmental Health Specialists: Use these forms to document construction plan reviews.
To view and print the Portable Document Files (pdf), you need a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or higher. This will take you to the Adobe web site, where step-by-step instructions are available.