H-1 Freeway and Pali Highway closures scheduled for LED lighting installations in the Middle Street Tunnel and Pali TunnelPosted on Jul 14, 2017 in Highways News, Main, News
HONOLULU – The Hawaii Department of Transportation (HDOT) advises Oahu motorists of night closures on the H-1 Freeway and Pali Highway, for LED lighting installations in the Middle Street Tunnel and Pali Tunnel. Lane closures are as follows:
- H-1 Freeway will be closed in the eastbound direction between the Keehi Interchange and the Middle Street Tunnel, from 9 p.m. to 4 a.m.
- Sunday night, July 16, 2017, through Thursday morning, July 20, 2017.
- Sunday night, July 23, 2017, through Friday morning, July 28, 2017.
- Sunday night, July 30, 2017, through Friday morning, Aug. 4, 2017
Eastbound motorists are advised to use Nimitz Highway as an alternate route.
- Pali Highway will be closed in the Honolulu-bound direction between Kamehameha Highway and Waokanaka Street on Thursday night, July 20, 2017, through Friday morning, July 21, 2017, from 7 p.m. to 4:30 a.m.
Honolulu-bound motorists are advised to use the H-3 Freeway, Likelike Highway, or Kalanianaole Highway as an alternate route.
Electronic message boards have been posted throughout the H-1 Freeway and Pali Highway to notify motorists of the closures. Emergency vehicles, first responders and TheBus have been notified of the roadwork and will be allowed through the work zone. Roadwork is weather permitting.
HDOT encourages motorists to use traffic apps such as GoAkamai to plan their commutes. Roadwork updates will be posted on our HDOT website at https://hidot.hawaii.gov/highways/roadwork/.