HDOT update on Honoapiilani Highway Realignment and Improvements at Keawe Street, February 9, 2018Posted on Feb 9, 2018 in Highways News, Main, News
KAHULUI – The Hawaii Department of Transportation (HDOT) provides the following updates on the Lahaina Bypass Phase 1B-2, the Honoapiilani Highway Improvements – Keawe Street to Kapunakea Street, and the associated project, Traffic Signal Modernization at Various Locations.
Honoapiilani Highway Improvements – Keawe Street to Kapunakea Street
Work hours on this project to account for the anticipated volume of cars entering and exiting the Bypass from the interim northern terminus at Keawe Street continues to run from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday to Friday.
Currently, this project is ahead of schedule. The intersection excavations to install conduits was largely completed this week. Construction next week will include removal and replacement of the sidewalk on the north corner of Keawe Street and Honoapiilani Highway and installation of electrical pull boxes on the Lahaina Cannery Mall side of the highway.
The contractor will continue to monitor traffic during project work hours. Roadwork associated closures for the upcoming week will continue to be posted on the HDOT website at http://hidot.hawaii.gov/highways/roadwork/
Lahaina Bypass Phase 1B-2
Construction on the Lahaina Bypass Phase 1B-2 continues. Work completed this week includes:
- Utility relocations on Hokiokio Place (on-going).
- Forming for the inlet headwalls on the Launiupoko Stream box culvert.
- Embankment construction of the Bypass from the Punakea Overpass to Hokiokio Place.
- Installation of electrical lighting conduits at the intersection between the Lahaina Bypass and the southern connector road (continuing).
- Concrete pours for pavement at the intersection of the Bypass and Kai Hele Ku Street (continuing).
- Seeding and mulching of areas south of Launiupoko Stream (continuing).
Traffic Signal Modernization at Various Locations
There is no substantial update on the project to modernize traffic signal systems on Maui. The Traffic Signal Modernization project was awarded on January 17, 2018, and the contract is in the process of being executed. For more information on the Traffic Signal Modernization project, please refer to the January 25th update available here.
For more information on the Lahaina Bypass Phase 1B-2
For previous updates on the Lahaina Bypass Phase 1B-2 and associated projects