Motor Carriers – Motor Vehicle Inspection Station
1. WHERE TO APPLY:
Motor Carrier Section
Oahu Motor Vehicle Safety Office
98-339 Ponohana Place
Aiea, Hawaii 96701
Phone: (808) 692-7661
Hawaii Revised Statutes, Section 286-211. A permit is required to ensure uniformity to the inspection station program.
3. PERMIT REQUIREMENTS:
(1) Application form.
(2) Employment of two (2) certified or registered safety inspectors.
(3) Employment of two (2) certified or registered mechanics.
(4) Certified or registered safety inspector and certified or registered mechanic can be one in the same person.
4. REVIEW PROCEDURE:
(1) Satisfactory inspection of station and equipment.
(2) Availability at station of a certified or registered safety inspector.
(3) Proper liability insurance.