Guide to Permits

HDOT issues a variety of permits to individuals, businesses and agencies desiring access to the State right-of-way.

HDOT has responsibilities to accommodate applicants, permittees, and the traveling public. It is in the public interest to regulate activities within the State highway right-of-way in order to preserve safe and reasonable access and to protect the structural integrity of the State highway system.

Application forms and instructions are provided for the major types of permits below. Questions on the various permits can be addressed to the permit offices identified in the sidebar.

Construction permits:

Oversized and overweight vehicle(s) and loads:

Use and occupancy permits: