Pali Highway roadwork scheduled for tunnel lighting replacementsPosted on Sep 16, 2016 in Highways Posts, Main, News
HONOLULU – The Hawaii Department of Transportation (HDOT) advises Oahu motorists of nighttime closures on the Pali Highway during the months of September, October and November for the replacement of the Pali Highway Tunnel lighting. LED lights will be installed through the Pali Tunnels as part of the Johnson Control energy savings contract and HDOT’s energy efficiency initiative. Lane closures are as follows:
- Pali Highway closed in the Kailua-bound direction between Waokanaka Street and Castle Junction from 9:30 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Monday night, Sept. 19, 2016 and Tuesday night, Sept. 20, 2016.
- Sunday night, Oct. 23, 2016 through Wednesday night, Nov. 23, 2016. (Sunday through Thursday nights excluding Sunday, Oct. 30, 2016 and Monday, Oct. 31, 2016)
- Pali Highway closed in the Honolulu-bound direction between Castle Junction and Waokanaka Street from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Wednesday night, Sept. 21, 2016 and Thursday night, Sept. 22, 2016.
- Sunday night, Sept. 25, 2016 through Thursday night, Oct. 20, 2016. (Sunday through Thursday nights)
Electronic message boards have been posted on the Pali Highway in both directions to notify motorists of the closures. Special Duty Police Officers will be on site to assist with traffic control. Emergency vehicles, first responders and The Bus have been notified of the roadwork and will be allowed through the work zone. Roadwork is weather permitting.
HDOT advises motorists to plan ahead and use alternate routes such as the H-3 Freeway, Likelike Highway and Kalanianaole Highway. Roadwork updates will be posted on the HDOT website at www.hidot.hawaii.gov and on our social media websites through Facebook and Twitter.